Our Kittens are sent to their new homes Vaccinated twice, De-wormed, and with their Health Record, the Purchase Agreement and Health Guarantee, a Kitten Transfer Certificate, the Kitten's parents' TICA identification, the Kitten's litter registration number, a new toy, a new leash, plus, a sample of food and a 30-day supply of Kitty Bloom supplements... as well as our written five-page course on new Kitten ownership and care. Click HERE to read our informative letter for SBT Kittens and HERE for Foundation Kittens.
The following is an example of our Pet Kitten Purchase Agreement.
There is a separate contract for Breeding Rights/Showing Privileges. We really care about our Kittens and Cats and put a lot of effort into being a Responsible Breeder.
Santa Fe Bengal Cattery Kitten Purchase Agreement
This Agreement is in keeping with TICA, TIBCS, and BENGALS ILLUSTRATED Breeders “Voluntary Code of Ethics.” The main purpose is to protect our Kittens. This Agreement is entered into between the following parties: "Buyer" refers to the person or persons listed below on the "Buyer's Name" signature line and the "Seller" refers to Santa Fe Bengal Cattery, registered TICA member, referred to, in the body of this contract, as "SFBC" and as "Santa Fe Bengal Cattery" on the "Seller's Signature" line. The Kitten being sold is referred to as the “Kitten.” The Buyer’s responsibilities are listed in the terms labeled: General Terms, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.
At the time of Kitten pick up, the Kitten is guaranteed to be of sound health to the best of SFBC’s knowledge. SFBC will provide the following items: • Santa Fe Bengal Cattery Transfer Certificate with parent TICA identification Kitten’s Date of Birth, the Kitten’s description, and the TICA Litter Registration number, if available, or to be provided on TICA “Blue Slip,” after confirmed neuter/spay • The Kitten's Health Record with vaccination tags • A copy of this Purchase Agreement and a copy of the Health Guarantee. • A sampling of recommended Kitten food and a 30-day supply of Kitty Bloom supplements • A new Kitten toy and a new leash • Our five-page written "course" on new Kitten ownership and care • Santa Fe Bengal Cattery contact Information and SFBC is available by email to answer questions regarding the Kitten
General Terms: The Buyer and Seller agree that this Agreement is legal and binding. Shipping fees, if applicable, are paid by the Buyer two weeks in advance of shipment date. If the Seller agrees to accept payments for the Kitten purchase, the Buyer agrees to make all payments, on time, until the balance is paid in full. Please list your Driver’s License number & state of issue, if SFBC is accepting payments. SFBC may ask for a copy of the Driver’s License, if personal checks are accepted. There are no cash refunds. The Buyer is solely responsible for any and all legal fees for both the Buyer, and the Seller, for the purpose of upholding the terms and provisions listed in this legal Agreement and in the Health Guarantee. Breech of Agreement on any of the red agreements within this contract incurs a $1,000 fine each time and a $5,000. fine is imposed for breeding a pet Kitten. Fines are to be payable immediately by the Buyer to Seller at the Seller’s discretion, further provisions and legal terms are listed in Buyer terms 1, 2, and 3.
1. BUYER is responsible to have their Kitten examined by a licensed Veterinarian within seventy-two hours of the pick up time and date and also will keep the Kitten quarantined away from all other animals (other Cats, dogs, etc) prior to this mandatory Veterinarian examination. The initial seventy-two hour Health Guarantee will not be honored without this mandatory Veterinarian Health Check. Veterinarian written-proof of an immediate life-threatening issue discovered within the first seventy-two hours must be emailed within ninety-six hours of the pick up date and time. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to ensure that the Kitten has received adequate and appropriate care and Veterinarian assistance for any health issue. This is especially true for Kittens under going the stress of air travel. Failure to report a health issue within the twenty-four hour time frame will render this guarantee null and void. Exposure to other animals of any species, during the seventy-two hour quarantine period, prior to the mandatory health check by a Veterinarian, will render this guarantee null and void. A quarantine period, until the Kitten is examined by a Veterinarian, is required. Failure for the Kitten to have the initial Veterinarian examination will void all guarantees and any claim for replacement. If a health issue is discovered during the seventy-two hour guarantee at the Veterinarian examination visit, the Kitten MUST continue to be quarantined, until further action can be properly taken. Any and all costs of returning a Kitten is the Buyer’s responsibility and a return can only be made with prior approval from SFBC. If SFBC finds that the Kitten is being mistreated by the Buyer, SFBC may repossess the Kitten from the Buyer, at the Buyer’s expense, and all guarantees previously offered to the Buyer are rendered null and void.
There are no replacements with mistreatment cases. SFBC may enlist legal assistance and the Buyer will pay all legal, and other related expenses incurred for both the Seller, and the Buyer, to up hold the terms and provisions in this Agreement. If necessary, travel expenses for the Buyer, the Kitten, and the Seller are all the Buyer’s responsibility. The legal venue is Santa Fe, New Mexico. Failure to provide immediate Veterinarian care for a Kitten showing signs of distress will render all guarantees null and void. There are no cash refunds. The Health Guarantee is return-for-replacement of the Kitten.
2. BUYER is also responsible to have their Kitten neutered/spayed by a licensed Veterinarian at approximately six months of age. There are no breeding rights transferred and the Kitten will never be allowed to reproduce. The transfer of a pet Kitten Ownership is not complete, until the Kitten is neutered/spayed and proof of the surgery is provided to SFBC, in writing via email or U.S. postal mail, from the Buyer's Veterinarian. If requested, SFBC will be permitted to visit and view the Kitten at the Buyer's residence and/or the Buyer will provide photographs of the Kitten any time SFBC requests. Buyer is also responsible for updating SFBC with their current address, phone, and email address during the lifetime of their Kitten. After confirmation of the neuter/spay surgery, which is the Buyer's obligation and financial responsibility, SFBC will issue, by regular U.S. postal mail, the Kitten TICA "Blue Slip" for the official transfer of ownership from the Seller to the Buyer. The Buyer is responsible for completing the Blue Slip paperwork on line at www.tica.org or mailing it, along with the appropriate fee, to TICA to complete the ownership change. Breeding of a Kitten/Cat, who is classified as a pet within this Agreement, will have a $5000. fine imposed and this monetary sum will be immediately payable in full to the Seller by the Buyer. The Kitten/Cat and any Kittens produced will be surrendered to SFBC at the Buyers expense and adopted out as pets, given away without registration papers and placed in appropriate homes, approved by SFBC.
3. BUYER agrees to provide the Kitten with a safe, loving home environment. Also, to provide adequate human attention, Cat toys, and exercise to continue proper social development for their Kitten throughout the Kitten’s life time. Furthermore, the Buyer will maintain the Kitten's health care and will update vaccinations as recommended by their Veterinarian. However, the Kitten WILL NOT be vaccinated for FIP and all guarantees will be rendered null and void, if vaccinated for FIP. The Kitten WILL be administered ALL-KILLED virus or AVIAN-BASED modified-live virus vaccines, and MAY be vaccinated for the FeLV/FIV modified-live AVIAN-BASED virus vaccine, if exposure to other felines warrants this vaccine. Once vaccinated, Cats test positive for a titer exposure. Rabies Vaccine WILL only be the one-year type and WILL NOT be administered, until 16 weeks of age. Vaccinate only in the appropriate Veterinary protocol fore or hind leg locations below the joint or in the Kitten’s tail to avoid inoperable injection site sarcomas. Vaccinating in the antiquated scuff location will render all guarantees null and void. Except for the Rabies vaccine, annual vaccinations are not recommended. Please do not over-vaccinate.
4. BUYER agrees NEVER to allow the Kitten to roam freely outside of their residence. The Kitten will only go outdoors, if accompanied by a human and with a harness and leash and/or if in a safe Cat Habitat, similar to, SFBC habitats and/or as described on the SFBC web site. Buyer also agrees to provide companionship, exercise, toys, and NEVER to cage the Kitten, unless boarding the Kitten at an approved Boarding or Veterinary facility is necessary.
5. BUYER is aware that de-clawing of this Kitten is strictly prohibited. “De-clawing” is an amputation of each toe up to the first knuckle and is a painful and cruel mutilation. The Kitten’s claws will be clipped monthly and will be provided with appropriate scratching posts or mats.
6. BUYER agrees that the Kitten will never be given or sold to any animal shelter, cat wholesaler, pet shop retailer, research facility, or donated for any purpose. SFBC agrees to assist the Buyer with re-homing placement, if needed, in accordance with the TICA, TIBCS, and Bengals Illustrated voluntary Code of Ethics.
7. BUYER’s signature below signifies that they agree to all terms in this three-page Agreement and that the Buyer has received, and also agrees to, the Seller’s Health Guarantee information, as well as the following: SFBC has been compensation in full for the purchase of the Kitten, or payments will be appropriately made as listed in the addendum. There are no cash refunds. The legal venue is Santa Fe, New Mexico for any and all legal disputes, regarding the Kitten and this Purchase Agreement.
_______________________________________________________________________ Buyer’s signature Date Time
_______________________________________________________________________ Santa Fe Bengal Cattery Date Time www.SantaFeBengalCattery.com
If there is any additional information, it is shown in the addendum below and is governed by the Agreement terms. No other expressed or implied terms apply to this Agreement or to the Kitten, unless completed, in writing, by SFBC.
Thank you for choosing Santa Fe Bengal Cattery for the new addition to your family!
SELLER has vaccinated the Kitten for Panleukopenia (Distemper), Rhinotracheitis, Calici Virus (“Kitty cold complex, ie: Herpes) with (Fel-O-Vax 4) using only all-killed virus at approximately 8 and 12 weeks of age. SFBC tests for FeLV/FIV and is negative in ALL Cats. SFBC has tested bloodlines and has no history or current HCM or PKD to the best of our knowledge and expertise. Kittens are de-wormed and adults and/or Kittens are spot tested for minor protozoan contaminants and we are Negative with our current testing. including negative testing results for Tri-trichomonas protozoa.
SELLER has raised the Kitten in a loving-home environment and has only used Pellet Pine, non-clay Cat Litter, as well as only feeding the Kitten appropriate high grade Kitten food (Nutro Brand grain-free canned & dry, cooked chicken with added Kitty Bloom supplements). We recommend that you continue using the same food and litter, as listed above. If the Kitten has needed any Veterinarian attention, SFBC has taken the Kitten to our Veterinarian and/or treated the Kitten in the manner appropriate at the Cattery, as trained by our Feline Specialist Veterinarian. Any treatment is noted on the Kitten’s Health Record. As trained by our Feline Specialist Verterinarian, SFBC has completed a precursory health check up on the Kitten. The Kitten has also seen our Veterinarian for a heart health check up.
SELLER guarantees that, to the best of their knowledge, the Kitten is in sound health at the time and date of physical transfer to the Buyer and also guarantees that the Kitten exhibits typical Bengal breed-specific personality traits. The Kitten has been raised and socialized to be of acceptable temperament. The Buyer is responsible to ensure continuing adequate socialization and human interaction commensurate with Bengal breed requirements. It may take 1 to 14 days for your Kitten to acclimate to transition.
SELLER provides a two part Health Guarantee — Terms and conditions as follows: For the initial seventy-two hour Health Guarantee and for the death due to genetic-defect Replacement Health Guarantee to be valid the Buyer agrees to all terms listed in this two-page Health Guarantee document and to all terms listed in the Kitten Purchase Agreement.
1. The initial guarantee lasts for seventy-two hours, after the Kitten leaves the Seller's Residence. During that time period, to maintain both Health Guarantees, the Buyer is urged to have the Kitten examined thoroughly by a licensed Veterinarian, at the Buyer's expense, for any genetic life-threatening defects. The Buyer may choose for the Kitten to have tests recommended by their Veterinarian, including, but not limited to: flotation or PCR fecal test, Snap test for FeLV/FIV, to be x-rayed, to have a complete blood work up, etc, all completed at the Buyer’s expense. Please use caution with exposing the Kitten to other animals and humans prior to and during the Veterinary health inspection. Exposure to other animals, during the first seventy-two hours after the Buyer has possession of the Kitten, will void all Health Guarantees. If the Buyer chooses not to have their new Kitten examined by a licensed Veterinarian, both the initial seventy-two hour and the up to one-year of age death due to genetic-defect Replacement Health Guarantee with both be null and void and not honored by SFBC. For a Kitten to be replaced, all terms and rules listed in this two-page Health Guarantee and the signed Kitten Purchase Agreement must be followed.
2. The Replacement Health Guarantee covers the Kitten for death due to a genetic-defect that manifests during the first year of the Kitten’s life, specifically 365 days from the Kitten’s date of birth. For a Kitten to be replaced, all terms and rules listed in this two-page Health Guarantee and the signed Kitten purchased contract must be followed.
Seventy-two Hour Health Guarantee covers Veterinarian verified genetic internal defects that could cause the immediate death of the Kitten.* In pet Kittens, it does not cover non-life threatening minor acquired issues, i.e.; injuries, protozoa, bacteria or other infestations, etc. Nor are minor physical anomalies covered, such as, but not limited to, minor pelt coloration differences, tail faults, and/or similar slight differences in the Kittens overall appearance - these do not effect the Kitten from being a happy, healthy cat, but may reduce showing points, if showing, in a pet class, is permitted as part of this contract as an addendum. This health guarantee is Return-for-Replacement. Replacement of a Kitten will be of similar quality and type as soon as such Kitten becomes available at our Cattery. There are no cash refunds. A Kitten will only be replaced once. The Seller is not responsible for any Veterinarian fees or bills, after the Kitten leaves the Seller's Residence/Cattery (SFBC). To date, SFBC has not had deaths caused by genetic issues, also colorations and conformations are breed standard. To the best of SFBC’s knowledge, and by Veterinarian test results, our Kittens and Cats are negative for FeLV/FIV, HCM, PKD, and Tri-Trichomonas. SFBC makes every effort to ensure that every Kitten is in good health during their first twelve weeks of life and at the time of transfer to the Buyer.
Replacement Health Guarantee covers up to, but not more than, one-year of age of the Kitten for death, due to genetic-defects. If the Kitten is deceased, the Buyer must provide a necropsy report, within three-days of death, from a licensed Veterinary to SFBC with specific details and test results that show conclusive evidence that the death was caused by a genetic defect.* SFBC will have complete access to the Veterinarian records. *For the above described seventy-two hour replacement guarantee and the one-year (365 days from date of birth) replacement guarantee to be valid all other terms listed in the Kitten Purchase Contract and the Health Guarantee, as well as the following conditions must be strictly followed by the Buyer or both guarantees will be rendered null and void. Prior to the Veterinary health inspection, during the first seventy-two hours after leaving SFBC, the Kitten must be quarantined away from other animals. If any person is handing the Kitten, they must first wash their hands, if other animals have been touched. Please ensure that the Veterinarian's examination table is freshly disinfected and that the Veterinarian has thoroughly washed their hands and that they have not treated a feline with a respiratory infection, without having changed their scrubs. The Buyer must transport the Kitten in a Cat Carrier and will not allow the Kitten to walk on the Veterinarian Office floor. Do not allow others in the Vet Office to pet your Bengal, as diseases can be transferred from their sick Cat to your Kitten. If the Buyer has other feline pets or has exposed the Kitten to other felines, they must provide negative FeLV/FIV test results, completed at their expense, prior to a live Kitten being returned to SFBC. These provisions will help to protect the health of SFBC's other Cats, in the event that a living Kitten had to be returned for exchange/replacement. Written proof of a genetic-defect must be supplied to SFBC, within twenty-four hours from a licensed Veterinarian. If the Seller is not advised of a health problem within the guarantee period, the Kitten cannot be returned, after the guarantee period has expired and/or if it has been exposed to another cat that does not have current negative test results from a licensed Veterinarian for FeLV/FIV. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to provide immediate veterinary care to any Kitten showing signs of illness or distress and failure to do so will render all guarantees null and void. Under no circumstances is a Kitten to be destroyed prior to notification by the Buyer to the Seller. If a Kitten dies within the guarantee period, despite verifiable Veterinarian treatment, replacement of a Kitten will be made ONLY if a licensed Veterinarian certifies the cause of death, in writing. It is the Seller’s right to ask for a deceased Kitten to be returned to the Seller for identification, at the Buyers expense. SFBC is not responsible for any Veterinarian fees or bills after the Kitten has left the SFBC Cattery/residence, usually, but not always, the same date as the signed Kitten Purchase Agreement. A Kitten will only be replaced once.
We work hard at breeding our Bengals to the highest degree of perfection that Mother Nature allows! And we care about our Kittens throughout their lifetime. Please keep us advised of any health issues during the Kitten’s lifetime and please keep us updated with good news, stories, and photos! Also, please update us with any changes in your contact information. Thank you for choosing Santa Fe Bengal Cattery!